COOKIE USE POLICY
The following Information is intended to inform the user of more details about the placement, use and administration of the ”cookies” used by the website www.luminamath.org
Please read the following Information carefully:
- This website uses "cookies" to provide visitors with a much better browsing experience and services tailored to each individual's needs and interests.
- These "cookies" may come from the following third parties: Adwords, Google Analytics, Google.com, Facebook, Youtube, etc.
- Cookies have the role of facilitating access and delivery of services used by Internet users, such as personalization of certain settings (language, country)
- "Cookies", based on the Information they collect about users, help website owners to make their product and services more efficient so that they are as easily accessible as possible for users, they also increase the efficiency of online advertising and last but not least, they can allow multimedia or other applications on the sites to be included in a particular site to make browsing more useful.
This policy refers to cookies and the web page operated by the International School of Oradea based in Oradea, str. Armatei Romane no. 1F.
- What are Cookies?
1.The "cookie" ("browser cookie" or "HTPP cookie") is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user from which the Internet is accessed.
The "cookie" is installed by the request sent by the web server to a browser (eg: Internet Explorer, Chrome) and is completely "passive" (it does not contain software programs, viruses or spyware and cannot access the Information on the hard drive the user).
- The role of cookies
These files enable the recognition of the user's terminal and the presentation of content in a relevant way adapted to the user's preferences.
"Cookies" are used in the preparation of anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our web pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, excluding the personal identification of the user.
- Types of cookies used by the luminamath.org website
On luminamath.org "Cookies" are used per session:
- Data can also be read from the server level
- Data has an expiration time (after this time it will be deleted automatically)
- How cookies are used on luminamath.org
Your visit to www.luminamath.org may install cookies to:
- Site performance analysis
- Perform analysis on visitor profile and registration
- Perform location analysis (geotargetting)
- Do cookies record and/or contain personal data?
"Cookies" themselves do not require personal Information to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify Internet users.
Personal data collected through the use of "Cookies" can only be collected to facilitate certain functionalities for the user. This data is encrypted so that unauthorized persons cannot have access to it.
- Deleting cookies
Applications used to access web pages (browser, for example) save "Cookies" on the Internet users' terminal by default.
However, the settings can be changed by you so that the automatic installation of "cookies" is blocked by the web browser.
We inform you that limiting the use of "Cookies" may affect certain functionalities of the way the pages of the www.luminamath.org website are displayed. .
- Why are cookies important for the Internet?
Cookies are important for the efficient functioning of the Internet, in the interest of the user, because they contribute to the creation of a simple and personalized web browsing experience according to the interests, preferences and behavior of each user.
Blocking or disabling Cookies may make some sites unusable or significantly limit your web experience.
Blocking or deactivating cookies does not mean that advertising messages will no longer be delivered to you, but that the web pages you are on will no longer offer you an experience adapted to your type of behavior and your preferences.
Cookies are important for:
- Content and services tailored to your preferences – categories of products and services
- Offers tailored to your interests - password retention - if you opt for this functionality
- Retention of child protection filters on web content (family mode options, safe search functions)
- Limiting the frequency of delivery of advertising messages - limiting the number of times an advertisement is shown to a particular user on a site.
- Providing relevant advertising according to the user
- Measuring, optimizing and recording data related to website performance – statistics related to traffic, content viewed. This Information is important for improving the web experience of users.
- Security and User Privacy Issues
Cookies are NOT viruses and do not collect personal data.
However, cookies can be used to the detriment of users, by Spyware programs.
Because they store Information about users' preferences and browsing history, cookies can be used as a form of Spyware. Anti-spyware applications have the role of marking cookies to be deleted during anti-virus/anti-spyware scanning procedures.
Browsers have integrated privacy settings that offer different levels of cookie acceptance – such as validity period and automatic deletion at the end of a web session.
- Other security aspects related to cookies:
Since all Internet users have the right to the protection of their online identity, it is advisable to be informed about possible security risks. Given that through these files Information is constantly exchanged between the browser and the site you are visiting, the Information transmitted through cookies can be intercepted by unauthorized persons or programs. For example, this is possible if the browser connects to the server using an unencrypted/unsecured network - as is the case with certain Wi-Fi networks.
Other cookie-based attacks may be possible due to wrong settings of these files on the servers. If a website does not require the browser to use only encrypted channels, attackers can use this vulnerability to gain access to the Information transmitted through cookies. For these reasons it is essential that you pay close attention to the settings by which you will protect the personal Information available online.
- Tips for secure web browsing, based on Cookies
That's why we offer you some tips to ensure a safe web browsing, through cookies:
- Customize your browser settings regarding Cookies
- If you are the only user of the terminal, you can set expiration dates for extended cookies
- If you are the only user of the terminal, consider deleting the individual browsing data every time you close the browser.
- Install antispyware applications and update them regularly.
- Make sure that the browser used is always up-to-date, because many of the attacks based on cookies are possible due to the weak points of the old versions of the browsers.
All modern browsers offer you the possibility to set your own cookie mode of action. These settings are usually found in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser.
- Useful Links
Useful links To learn more about cookies and how they work, visit the resources below:
- Microsoft Cookies guide
- All about cookies
If you have difficulty login please do not hesitate contact us
How To Register To LuminaMath Online
To register to the LuminaMath competition you need to create an account on the luminamath.org platform and go through a few simple steps.
The first step is to create an account on the platform. www.luminamath.org
You will receive a message at the registered email address with a link to confirm the email address and registration process.
Make sure your username (email address) and password are correct, and you have access to your account before exam day.
On the exam day, you log in to the account with the user (email address) and
We wish you good luck!